Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Down Continues

The downward slide in hits for this blog is still going in spite of all the prospects ahead of us. I did hear that one of the studios does not have a Web site. There can be some hope there. Of course they may think in terms of cost, they all do. They have no idea that Blogger furnishes the blog for free. All we have to do is use it.

"I am, in full disclosure, a member of the Media Elite. I’m a Conde Nast editor, run a glossy mainstream magazine, spent much of my career at The Economist and consort with known journalists. But nothing annoys me more than the oft-heard assertion within media circles that without us blogs would be nothing." ~ Chris Anderson

We must be patient, I will let it slide to less than 30 hits per day and give it a couple more months. Central Valley is not doing very well either. We lost Dot's In Wahiawa and Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club has a new Web site. Hopefully, the new dance club in Mililani will develop, together with increased action in the Night Club scene. A line dancing group would be icing on the cake.

Sometimes I get a little impatient. But it helps that I do my data daily which gives me a big clue. For instance, the total average hits per day for all the blogs has gone from 200 last year to 350 now, in spite of having deleted one blog a week ago. So the recognition of blogging is becoming quite evident, and it is going to get better. There are no five dance Web sites together that can equal one blog from Calvin Ota in Town Dancer. Wanna bet?

"Let's Dance" by Benny Goodman

My health is not up to par, so I must limit my trips to the various venues. We need information contributors to give the reader/dancers something to read. Photos always help. Hopefully you all know that fo' or mo' in a foto is mo' bettah! Da Spin Doctor at the Elks Lodge in Pearl City and the Fleet Lounge on Nimitz could do for starters. Bring it up with some action at Ige's 19th Puka and we have a very good beginning with the night club scene and hits averaging over 34 per day.

Then with the new club about to come into existence this blog will have it made in the shade. I have not heard anything about it for almost a month. I am here to help, specially if they don't have a Web site. Fortunately they make the decision, I help or I bother. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback