Sunday, October 21, 2012

Aliamanu School

Had a fairly nice day and was ready to go by five pm. A little early but I can coast a little. The coast was rather clear and nice weather. The bus was a little late, which was not unusual. But the surprising thing was that there was room to find a seat. Somebody in the Department of Transportation screwed up somewhere.
 
"Things should be as simple as possible, but not simpler."

But I got to the Plaza Hotel bus stop, got on my bike and was at Aliamanu a little after seven. A good crowd, meaning good people just not enough of them. Perhaps some would come later. But then I didn't really feel like dancing.


Went around and around ran into Reggie and gave him his VHS dance tape. Then found a another couple people to give the two movies on VHS. I have more to give away for those people who still have the machine. Then I was able to get a group around the DJ.


Bill Klein, Joss Sangalang, Paul Lee, Reggie Gascon and Rose Loui.

I did have a few dances, one special one was with Rose Loui, who along with her husband, were some of my longest time friends in Hawaii, from the late seventies. Then one of my favorite photos, the reception table if I can get enough people. (Not peas in a pod photo)


Ben, Wayne, Jane, Maurice and Chris, good members of this group.

So I left too early because of the lack of action and I arrived at the Bus stop with a couple drunks sitting on the bench. I did not to wait in that dark space (the city wants to save money) too long, so I decided to try to make the last C bus at the Middle street stop before getting on the freeway.

 "Night Train"   ...   Jimmy Forrest

I went on the lighted side of Nimitz because the other side is spooky, I cannot see very well, and I did not want to take the chance on running into anything. However I ended up on Nimitz, so I had to turn on Puuhale Road and I got to the bus stop at about nine. I am a little out of condition so I was tired.

The "C" bus was late and then had two bikes on a two bike rack. So then, I had to wait until almost 9:30 for the #40 bus and fortunate to get a seat. In a short while it was packed like sardines. One sure way to get people to quit public transportation. I hear them all the time, "Boy, when I get my car, I wont have to put up with this crap!"

Pub's Side Note: "Mitt Romney annoyed the British by saying that London seemed unprepared for the Olympics. You know, putting his foot in his mouth like that is not very presidential. Vice presidential, sure. Yeah, but not presidential." –Jay Leno

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback