Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My trip to town.

Didn't feel like eating much and I did some cleaning up on my computer. Showered early, nice peaceful day out on the Nanakuli Beach. The bus was on time, 11:40 and plenty room for my bike.

"Two wrongs don’t make a right, but three lefts do."

I was very pleasantly surprised, only a couple of people standing and a few empty seats. It was looking comfortable. Found an empty seat near the front and had a nice ride all the way to Middle street and Kalihi Transit Center. No way in a million years, the Rail gonna beat that. I was there at 12:30 AM. Got in a hurry to make the 2 bus and I fell down trying to get on the bike near Center and my knee was damaged.


Tried to stop the bleeding on the way to the Dentist at Kokua Kalihi Valley. And the people were their usual very nice. They helped me get my paper work and one of the ladies got me band aid for my knee.Turned out that with all the proposed moving the Dental Office to the new Building, David (my dentist) forgot my teeth at home.

So we made a new appointment for October 30th. There no truth to the rumor of six cases of champagne for the Halloween Party. I was able to get a photo a few office staff for this blog. Then downstairs I met Marina, who I hadn't seen in years and will have more time to talk with her later. Also said hello to Aivao.

Imelda, Dr Breeze, Grace and Jose, looking good. I will get maybe two pics next time.

I  made it out and got my pasteles a couple blocks down. Then a short ride to the Merchandise and no more refried beans. So I got some pinto beans cooked at six cans for $5. good prices. I can fry the beans and mash them and put them in the freezer. Later on I can take them out and "refry" them and  I will have refried beans. Roast Beef cans were only $2.50 each. Bargain.


Waiting for the bus, I noticed my knee was bleeding and I tried to stop it. Limited paper. But I made it to the Alapai Transit Center and a bus driver let me have some paper towels. So waiting for the #93 bus, I was able to slow the bleeding down. Two bikes on the rack so I had to wait for the next bus.

But  I was able to slow down the bleeding with towels. And when I got on the next bus it had almost stopped bleeding while still in town. A young lady then saw my troubles and gave me some band aid and other pads. I put the first pad and it stung, but it must have been doing good. One more time and I could see that is was really slowing down. By the time we got to Aiea. I kept a new bandage with antiseptic and put a band aid on it. Thanked the lady again.

Got home and everything was just fine. Put the pants in a bucket to soak. So how was your day?

Pub's Side Note: "It was crucial that Romney pick a running mate who will help him with the groups he's weak with: women, Hispanics, African Americans, Evangelical Christians – and Republicans."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback