Sunday, November 18, 2012

Trip to Aliamanu

Showered and got ready early. Thought I had everything, I wasn't going to take the laptop. Had to pump some air in the front tire, and everything was go. Nanakuli Beach, calm and light groups of people fishing and talking story.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment
comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

The "C" bus got there in about 10 minutes which was just fine with me because I got a seat, even though it has been converted into a "cattle" car. Nowadays, a seat is hard to find, too many Honolulu "cattle" cars. The Department of Transportation does not have "comfortable" or "uncomfortable" in any of their terminologies. It is an unknown term and perhaps even forbidden. Anyway, no employee dares to breathe either of those two words.


Got to Middle Street on time and went across the street and got the #9 in about 5 minutes going the other way. Short ride and then another short bike ride to Aliamanu. Only the DJ there. I went to the shopping center to see if I could get the candy that was on sale. Sold Out. So back to Aliamanu.


By that time Maurice was there and a few others, to help set up the necessaries. Then a few dancers started to come in. Met some that I knew from Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club and we had a very nice conversation. Much of the content needed in these blogs. I gave the door prizes to Maurice and he would give them out. Then the impossible happened. I discovered that I forgot the CAMERA. This is me in my old age.


So I stayed a while trying to figure out what I could do. I would try to get the next "C" back to Nanakuli. But on Saturday, the buses are even more likely to be missing. I got the #19 going back to town, and waited for the bus. A kindly person told me of the Saturday schedule. So I rode the bike all to way to the Alapai Transit Center and waited there. The bus was late but lucky it had a place on the bike rack.

Got to Nanakuli just before 10 PM. Not too bad, so how was your day?

Pub's Side Note: A tandem bus is properly known as an articulated bus. I really don't know what they mean by "articulated." It has been doing miraculous work on Oahu, perhaps too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback