Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Waipahu

A nice day even though I got up late. Did what I had to do and got ready for the trip to Waipahu and Dance Hawaii. Was ready in time and got the #40 bus on time and got to Waipahu after six. Took a nice slow walk through the streets to get to the United Visayan Hall. I needed the exercise, good for me.

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn many situations around."


Welcome to Dance Hawaii Social Potluck for our 2nd. Quarter.
We appreciate our voluntary instructors on Monday, & Thursday nights at the Waipahu United Visayan Hall. Our 3rd quarter begins on August 3 & 6. Salamat Po.
Maurice Morita.


A few people were there and there was some line dancing. Many people still remembered me and it certainly made me feel welcomed. Hector was among the first and I gave him the camera to work as he wished. You can all see that he did a terrific job. Wow!


Their Line dancing was very nice though much of it too complicated for beginners. It was fun to watch and they were having fun doing it. As per usual there is a lack of males. Too many of the leads do not realize that this could be a great way to start. The music is the same as most ballroom dancing and the basic movement in all the dances is also the same. From there it is only a skip and a jump to leading a lady into the different figures.


They had some good solid social dancing, but just not enough leads. Very nice ladies there and some of you guys missed out. Of course that is the way it is all over the island. But it is changing for the better specially in West Oahu.

"Y Volvere" by Lucero

And I left after eight to get my #40 bus back to Nanakuli. It was late and packed to gills. As the Present Rail Party has always said, "A bunch of ethnics anyway." Got home before ten which wasn't too bad and made myself a drink. Gratifying to know that so many people understood, that I was there to help.