Sunday, September 13, 2015

UVC and Dance Hawaii

Nice day and everything looked rosy. September 12th. the big day for many people, among them "me" Why me? Well, I have been on this space ship Earth for many years, and yesterday I completed my 90th trip around the sun. Nevah thought I would make it. And I went to the 67th anniversary of the United Visayan Committee. Terrific occasion and the people were all nice and friendly.

“Peaple do not mean all they say, and yet very few say all they mean,
for words are slippery and thought is viscous.” 

I took a couple photos before I could get Maurice to get some for me. The dinner started and they had what looked like some ono food. Then I was able to get another couple people to get a few more photos, and it is looking more likely that I will continue that switching


There were many pictures taken all over the place, with all kinds of cameras. good, bad and indifferent. Many of the young were taking "selfies." I talked to some and explained about the blog but they were not interested. What do I know? We cannot blame them, we should not waste their time - blogs are for mature people.


Beautiful Filipino music, singing and dancing and the audience seemed to enjoy it tremendously. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. However, I began to feel tired about eight and decided to leave. I do not want to take the chance of falling down. Got some ice for my flask and took a nice leisurely walk back to the Waipahu Transit Center..

"Dahil Sa Yo" by Rogelio de la Rosa

Took a nip now and then and the bus arrives about ten minutes later. The bus driver gracious as always, offering to use the ramp. I always tell them I try to do as much as can by myself.  Nice ride back home, taking a nip now and then and got home before nine.

Pub's Side Note: Perhaps if I get enough photos of the dancing I could make another blog for tomorrow.