Monday, July 4, 2016

We Cannot Lose Hope

This entire blog sphere is now at a stand still and I know fully well why. I have been hospital and housebound for two months with a swollen foot. Fortunately I can now put my shoes on comfortably and I will have to plan on visiting some dance clubs. My fingers are not so good so the most I can do is take the camera and maybe I can get some help getting some photos.

"Life's heaviest burden is to have nothing to carry."


All Quiet On The Western Front, title from an old novel. That has been for dancing in the way of the Rail Disaster too. So we have to look for some action where we can do some good for our fellow dancers. The Waianae Coast and the North Shore look more promising.They have been awakened by the Rail Crisis in town. They may look forward to living, working and playing in their own kuleana. So I am hoping to get some information from someone in those sections. Just about anything will do, just so they describe more dancing in West. Icing on the cake would be a couple photos.

"Maui Waltz" by Loyal Garner


However there are not enough real complaints heard in West Oahu that are not heard on any part of the Island. Housing is not a primary need, but a couple of good industrial centers are crucial to the people that live on the area. If ten thousand cars pass through the Kam Hwy bottleneck or the freeway every morning, think of the break if just half of those were working on the Waianae Coast or in the Central Valley.

"I Will Remember You" by Don Ho


To live/work on the Waianae Coast or in the Central Valley would be a dream come true for so many. "I coulda been home in twenty minutes." This wouldn’t make more millions for the Fat Cats in Honolulu, but it would do wonders for the West. Then think of the social life that would develop. Dinner/Dance at a new enlarged Community Center in Mililani! These ideas have been there for years now. But everybody has to bet their fortunes on Da Rail Mess. As the Russian say, Tough Shitsky!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback