Sunday, August 28, 2016

No Headlines

Spent the day with ordinary household duties and working on my computer. Even got on the Internet to get information on the dancing on Oahu. I gotta get it from somewhere. Thursday I went to Makua Alii on Kalakaua and it was very pleasant and I made a nice blog in the Blogging Hawaii blog. On Tuesday I plan to be at the Pearlridge Chapter, HBDA at their studio in Aiea.

"We don't really need competition dancers in our dance world.
We need da kine people who are social dancers."


I will not take the Handy Van. They are very good and very helpful but no use using them excessively. The #53 bus stops right near me in Pearl City on Waimano Home Road and goes down Kam Hwy to Aiea. There is a bus stop right in front of the Studio. Easy to get there and easy to get back. Last time I went on the Handy Van and waited 35 minutes to get back. They are busy and do a good job.

"In The Mood" by Glenn Miller


I saw a man a while back with simple movements but they were phrased with the music and even the words. And others were making dance movements that you could tell they have been doing for years with a natural flow, not prescribed by any of the well known prescribers. Now this is what is known as social dancing. We will have more of the same.

"Cherokee" by Charlie Barnett


Looking much like "Da Reel Teeng," just beautiful. Many different styles like the kind we use to have before the "correct" people arrived. I fully expect to find one of these days, at least one of the older Japanese couples dancing the Double Blues. That would be the day - Social Dancing on Oahu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback