Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Halloween Dance

The day began with my usual depression but then I had so many things to do, it gradually went away. I was ready with everything I had to take by 6:05 and the Handi Van was to be there at 6:15 but did not arrive until 6:45. I don't complain they try to do their job and they do help. Got to Wahiawa District Park about 7:15, not too bad.


The place was already jumping when I got there and there were so many good friends, many in Halloween costumes. A very pleasant atmosphere was being projected. Found my open space between DJ Leland and my good friends Rod and Rosalie.

"El Reloj" by Luis Miguel

Got a nice quote:
"We're so grateful to be a part of this club. My wife and I enjoy the friendship, dancing and meeting new friends. Hoping to see you guys around for a long, long time. We love it."
Rod and Rosalie

First pictures taken

First thing I must do is be very careful and take a photo, to make sure the camera is working. Of course, I don't know that much but it helps. Something went wrong but I switch the batteries and it seem to work, but not always. Still I pass the camera around to get different views and it is working out. The photographers are learning as well as me. Two people in photo are bettah than one, and three are bettah than two. However, 40 are not better than 39. The photographer will make the decision.
 
"Senor Bolero" by José Feliciano

Another quote:
"We always enjoy spending time with our friends at Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club. They are very gracious and warm."
Leo and Charito Delgado


The Kau Kau table was fit for a king and just about the best meal I've had all month was what Maile gave me to take home. The dessert was something I haven't had in years. At least I took a look at the table, about the only thing I could contribute would be a chocolate cake. Perhaps they could let me take a piece home. I like it but one entire cake is too much for me.

"Maui Waltz" by Loyal Garner

"And another nice quote"
"What fun we had at Wahiawa Ballroom Halloween Social. Most came in costume (?) ... or was that how they really look??? Love you our Sister Club."
Deanie and Bert, Aiea Ballroom.


The first batch from Maile's photo album. More for the follow up.

Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club is helping to evolve the Social Dance Club blogging on this Island. We cannot have too much text, our readers are not readers. There is a place for photo albums and the Web site is perfect. But for our Social Media, we must mix the text and the pics and not make the blog too long. Looking Good! And don't forget the Comments section at the end of every blog. Easy to use for immediate feedback.

Halloween:
Q. What's it called when a vampire has trouble with his house?
A. A grave problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback