Friday, November 4, 2016

Halloween at Aiea

Nice day, lots of things to do and the most important was to get ready for the Halloween Dance at Aiea. The Handi Van was to pick me up at 6:15. Showed up at six, but they are not a taxi or bus. They do the best they can and we should appreciate and I do. In a hurry, I forgot my watch.
 

I got to Aiea Intermediate by six thirty and a little while later the set up crew of three people showed up. And I took my first picture just to make sure the camera was working. Walked around, cased the joint and it looks like a very nice environment. Deanie and Bert came in before seven and dancers were arriving, many in very nice costumes, and it was looking more like a Halloween Dance.

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Bruddah Iz


First batch of photos taken by several people on my camera.

"Fly Me To The Moon" by Jimmy Borges

Aloha Joe!
Just wanted to share some pictures that I had taken tonight of the Aiea Ballroom Dance Association, Halloween Dance 2016. We had a most wonderful time! Just enjoyed meeting up with all of our friends, dancing the night away to good music, and partaking in such a delicious spread of food that were miles long. Yes, we are all very blessed that we are able to enjoy such a special time in our lives.
Enjoy the moments,
Maile Yagi




We are sure getting some good photography. Are we going to get better?
You'd bettah buleeve it.

"Morning Dew" by Melveen Leed


The first comment:
"Under the Aiea moonlight with Deanie Bates, a Cha Cha Cha here, A Samba there with my Bunnynator, Thank you Deanie for inviting us."
Marie Laderta 

"Stranger in Paradise" by Tony Bennett


People were dancing up a storm to very enjoyable music. Bert is very update on Latin music. I have many but they are from my time, way back. He has some I had never heard before, but they were just beautiful. Take it from some one has been around Latin music for a long time. Then I took home one of the best meals I have had in years. Some was left over for today and even for tomorrow too. What good luck I have with these people in Wahiawa and Aiea. Mahalo to all.

"Perfidia" by Glenn Miller

Got some good quotes from good people but I just forgot to get the names. I promise to be more careful next time. There is much more meaning if there is name attached to it.

"Awesome social! Fun costumes good eats, Great Music."

"Aiea Ballroom Halloween Social
It is so good to see old friends and make new ones, not to mention the partaking of the yummy spread"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback