Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Wahiawa Halloween, Part 2

I was worried that I would not have enough photos, but this club has got to be numbah one in that department. I had to make it into two blogs and this is the followup. Together with Aiea Ballroom Social, the hits on Platinum Horseshoe have gone through the roof. Google sent a lot of search engine hits in, so they noticed. I got emails from the Big Island and from the Philippines - The Philippines? Anyway these clubs are beginning to be known in this entire Pacific Basin.


The entire group is so social and dance oriented that it is easy to see the reason for it all. DJ Leland is laying down some terrific music and there in no one on this island that can beat his Latin tunes. I heard Luis Miguel and José Feliciano, two of the greats in Latin music, rare at other places. And he is up to date with Salsa and Bachata. Hey, these people are dancers. Of course they got two of the best teachers in American Style dancing on this island, Felipe Repollo and Carol Mendoza. And it has been going for quite a few years.

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Bruddah Iz


There must have been some good photos of the ending when prizes were awarded. I had to wait for my Handi Van, due at 9:15, so I was outside most of the time. The Handi Van arrived half hour late. Then with some pick up and deliveries of other passengers, I got home about eleven, tired but happy. I ate my one good meal of the month prepared by Maile to take home. Mahalo everyone.

"Morning Dew" by Melveen Leed


Waiting for some additional input. But the additional input was not received. Sorry about that. Anyway these two important sister clubs sure had an impact on the entire Island of Oahu. The hits have gone over 100 average per day. (3000 per month?) They will go down of course but Town Dancer is now in second place.

"These dancers know that their purpose is not to get to a certain
place on the floor but to enjoy their favorite music
and every movement along the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback