Tuesday, March 28, 2017

West Oahu

I have lived in West Oahu for over ten years and the nicest time was when I lived in Nanakuli. Those people over there have to be just about the greatest in this world. There's no doubt in my mind about living in Paradise on this Island. Unfortunately, my deteriorating health makes it imperative that I live closer to Tripler. I moved to Pearl City, not paradise but it will have to do, I cannot move easily with subsidized housing.

"Many people will walk in and out of your life,
but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."


Lately I have been reminded that Tripler has a very good size ballroom perfect for a Dinner/Dance occasion. I went there once about about twenty years ago, to a Christmas function of the Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club and it was beautiful. So the entire thing adds up and the plot thickens. Since I have regularly scheduled appointments at the VA, I may find it easy to get more information on the use of the dinner/dance space for future dinner/dance parties for our people.

"I Surrender Dear" by Tony Bennett


Of course, there is the addition of a possible new night club in Salt Lake that is far enough away from the Rail Tragedy. It could be in a close enough place for dancers that live in the West and far enough away from the Rail Tragedy Noise. Steel Wheels on Steel rails, auwe! The Present Rail Party does not want anyone to mentioned that. The upper corridor will remain dormant for a while longer because of the Rail Crisis, but they may even get a new Dance Club there too. We cannot all leave for Maui.

"Contigo A La  Distancia" por Lucho Gatica


Next to Waikiki, this area was at one time the most heavily populated on the island of Oahu. It is only that most of the possible dancers have been accustomed to dancing in town for all the wrong reasons. It is slowly changing now. The center will eventually be in Kapolei or the Central Valley. Hopefully any dance Pavilion will be made at half the size of the Palladium for exclusive use of the Social Dancers. That will leave the huge Palladium for the Ballroom dancers. And everyone will be happy.

Pub's Side Note: I don't remember hearing the term "junk dancer" in the West applied to anyone. But then we have no Creative Researchers And Producers here either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback