Sunday, April 23, 2017

62nd Anniversary Party

Got ready early for the big shindig but completely forgot about making sure all my batteries were charged. The Handi Van picked me up about 5:30 and got me to Ala Wai by six thirty. Not bad.


Received from Deanie Burgess:
AIEA BALLROOM DANCE ASSOCIATION – HAWAII
Aiea Ballroom is the first non-profit, organized ballroom dance club in all of Hawaii. Founded in 1955, prior to statehood, in 2017 we will celebrate our 62nd Anniversary. Aiea Ballroom is one of the five clubs originally sponsored by the City and County of Honolulu. Our original name, Aiea Ballroom Club, is now Aiea Ballroom Dance Association-Hawaii. From the time of our inception we have had weekly dance classes and continue to do so currently at Aiea Intermediate School. Our founders are: Kazuo “Speedy” Nagamine, Raymond Ching and Ralph Tsukada. Mr. Ching also founded of our sister club, Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club.

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Bruddah Iz


I got in and met so many of my old friends and I got a few to help me take photos. Of course, I couldn't get much help in getting the photos, everyone was having too much fun dancing.Then I was having difficulties with my batteries. So we live and we learn, I don't know everything about this even if you do. I did meet some new people and they seem to know that I want to help.

"Maui Waltz" by Loyal Garner


It was soon accepted that the music thrown down by DJ Bert is still among the best for social dancers. When a DJ accepts a gig he is sure to ask the event coordinator what type of music has been played at these events in the past as he wants to ensure they have appropriate music for the venue and the crowd. At Aiea Bert has no trouble giving the dancers what they want.

"Fly Me To The Moon" by Jimmy Borges

They lined up for the Kau Kau by 8:30, and the line seemed endless. But from what I heard it was all worth it. I had to leave before nine and I cannot eat anyway, so it may be for another day. The Handi Van was there about 9:10 and after several pick ups and deliveries, I did not get home until 10:15. Not too bad. Hopefully, I will get some photos emailed to me and I can make another blog just for the reader/dancers. They eat this stuff right up.

"Social Dancers may not be there yet, but they are closer today
than they were yesterday." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback