Monday, May 8, 2017

Mother's Day - Sunday

We hit a bump in the road. I was expecting three different notifications for Cinco De Mayo and none of them came through. Well, one has to take the downs with the ups. I cannot keep track of everyone even with three different email accounts. I was specially hoping to get something from Tacos And More in Waianae. That would have been a terrific write up, they are Mexicans. Patience, but in my old age I am running out of time. Happy Holidays anyways.

"The aesthetic quality is what dance politics is all about. It's the authenticity that separates the more successful from the losers."


However Blogging has come along ways from the 90s. Frank Sierra was one of the pioneers of Blogging in the Hawaiian Islands and he is still doing a terrific job with his two blogs. His photography is just about the very best photo album you can find, anywhere. He will get many hits just for that alone. This last time for the Aiea Anniversary Ball, I found myself superfluous in blogging for the Huge Events at the famous Palladium. Ki and Frank are doing one terrific job at the Palladium, everyone agrees. But I can certainly help a lot of other people elsewhere on this Island. I will seek and I will find.

"Hanalei Moon" by Loyal Garner

Got a nice poster from Kapolei and it livens up the blog.


The rise of Twitter and other "microblogging" systems such as Google Plus and Facebook helped single-author blogs into the social news media. The emergence and growth of blogs in the late 1990s coincided with the advent of web publishing tools that facilitated the posting of content by non-technical users who did not have much experience with HTML or computer programming.  Blog also came to be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. And that is where we are at now, very very current.

"Morning Dew" by Loyal Garner


I have seven blogs, and Platinum Horseshoe is leading the rest in average hits per day. Most important at the moment is the need of more feedback to present other points of view to the reader/dancers on Oahu. Then perhaps one or two or three will want to be Guest Authors. After a reasonable time the Guest Authors may wish independence. I can resign in peace knowing my best blogs will go. The junk blogs will remain mine to the end.

The revised Golden Rule at the Trump White House


"Social Dancers eventually realize that mistakes are made
for learning, not repeating."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to all honest feedback