Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween In Wahiawa

Not a bad day and when I awoke this morning, my depression was not as bad as it usually is. Still a little shaky and light headed, I must be careful. And I proceeded to plan the day. The Handi Van would pick me up at five pm. and then bring me home from Wahiawa at nine pm. Worked on my medications and my exercises. Did as little as possible on the computer.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde



The Handi Van was a little late but still got me there by 5:45. I had to kill some time so I took a leisurely walk to Foodland and got a Chocolate Cake. Took my time and got back as Leland was just arriving at about six. Set up and many came in before seven. The music as per usual was beautiful and the decorations for Halloween looked very nice. There was a colorful outlook throughout the ballroom. A big Mahalo to Maile. I complained about not getting enough photos and she came through like a champ. I got enough to make another blog tomorrow. Mahalo to everyone else too.

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Bruddah Iz

The Waianae Ballroom Dance Club was "Spooktacular" !!!
Always Enjoy It. From Mel and Charlene
Fabulous dance music with a dance board to help identify the dance. Sure helps us novice dancers. Everybody at the club is so friendly and welcoming. We really enjoy dancing at their socials. Everyone all dressed up in costumes, can't recognize some dancers. Fun! And a nice big dance floor.


Margaret Okimoto and Felipe Repollo, DJ Leland, Madeline Rosa, Charlene and Art,
Dancers, Joan and Margaret, The Green Lady of Wahiawa and Raggedy Ann,
Cynthia, She faked her pregnancy, Helen and Hubby.

There were quite few line dances and these people in Wahiawa do very well. The line dance instructor Carol  Kohagura was in most of them. She teaches line dancing on Wednesday evenings, Her and husband Rodney have been members of WBDC more than most dancers. Felipe Repollo and Carmen Mendoza teach American Style Ballroom on Monday evenings.


Leland and Maile, Cici, Tici, Bula, and Carol, Randy and Rumiko, Lisa and Art Apilado, James, Rodney, and Felipe, Estela Dela Cruz, Misssing name. Charlene and Mel.

"Some Enchanted Evening" by Perry Como

"Spooky Night with fantastic people, a wonderful way to spend a scary evening. RIP."
by Petecula (Peter Sye)



Maile: The last selfie pick after the dance was over. What a blast!

A little trouble getting home. The Handi Van was not too late but parked out of the way and the driver said there was something wrong with the Van and he had called and they were sending another one over. I got home by 10:30. Ate the terrific food Maile gave me, I partitioned half into a container and put it the  frig. The rest became a Mix Mash, and let me tell you it was one of the most delicious Mix Mash ever in my life.

"Take more chances, dance more dances."

<

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping Ballroom communication alive and well for all of us!
    People are well informed because of you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to all honest feedback